Bringing the Latest Soccer News to your Screen.

Breaking News

Post Top Ad

Your Ad Spot

Tuesday, February 26, 2019

Now I'm the Leader- Benzema's happy after Ronaldo Departure

 Karim Benzema had a working relationship with his former team-mate, Cristiano Ronaldo, but he (Benzema) is appreciating the opportunity to be the club's main man up front. The Frenchman admits that is happy to be playing "real football" as he takes control of Real Madrid's attack.

“Before there was a guy who scored more than 50 goals per season and my role was to provide assists,” the striker told France Football.

“I played to help Cristiano, we formed a good partnership. I was always looking for him with the intention of helping him to score even more goals.

“Now though, I'm the leader of the attack. It's up to me to make the difference. I'm very happy because now I can play my real football.”


    Benzema and his former team-mate (Ronaldo) have played alongside for 10 years, forming an unspoken relationship with each other that geared the club- Real Madrid as a whole to win two La Liga crowns, the Spanish capital club, and four Champions League titles.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post Top Ad